Monday, January 5, 2009

3rd Anniversary

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas & New Years, we sure did!

**WARNING: this post might get MUSHY**

On Saturday the 3rd, it was our 3rd Wedding Anniversary, so that makes it our golden anniversary! Wow I am amazed we have made it that many years! jk


On Friday I got sent some beautiful flowers at work!

That night I was planning on leaving work at 4:00 pm an hour early, and hiding clues around town for him to go on a scavenger hunt. Well that day he decided that the truck needed new tires, so he had my car, so I was left without a car. Bummer deal!

But our good friend Angie came to the rescue. She needed to go to Wal-mart, so I pretended like I did too, and she took me around to hide the clues.

I had a great time making the clues. What I did was take excerpts from our journals about that particular date or "hanging out" and put them on the clue. It was so fun to reminisce. Here is a few examples:

CLUE #1

This is where we first met playing Nerts.


His story: Sunday, March 28, 2004

“There’s this girl named Katie that I met at the first of the semester. I didn’t go over until last Monday (week ago). Which was weird because every time I saw her around campus I would tell her she was my favorite person. So when I finally went over we seemed to hit it off. She actually seemed interested in me!! That’s a change.”


Her story: Sunday, March 28, 2004

“Well now there is a kid named Alan. I call him Big Al though. Well we kind of hit it off like a month ago or so at a dance. But then I only said “hi” to him. Well then a couple of weeks ago I saw him at Wal-mart. And he said, “Hey, it’s my favorite person.” Well anyway he said he was going to come visit me one day. I really didn’t think he was serious, but a few days later he came over and we just chilled.”


CLUE #3

This is where we ate for our first date.


His story: Wednesday, March 31, 2004

“ Katie and I went on our first official date tonight! Man we had a good time! On the date we went to _________ for dinner where Katie got a Bean and Cheese burrito with an extra side of beans. That she didn’t even touch, that I paid for, the extra beans that is. She ate the burrito. There we all had a good visit and

meal. "


Her story: Sunday, April 4, 2004

“Well I went on a date with Alan last Wednesday. We out to dinner.”


I thought the extra beans part was funny! Oops! I obviously didn't expand too much in my journal about our first date.

Why he was gone for a couple of hours, I planned on making dinner, but after he left, I realized that most the things I was cooking: marinated turkey, baked potato, rolls, corn, took all about 10 minutes to cook. I didn't know when he would be back, so nonetheless we ended up cooking dinner together.

Saturday we ended up going to the temple to do sealings. We wanted to do them in the room where we were sealed, but it was occupied at at the time. I think we will make this a tradition! It's good to remember those things that are said!








3 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I loved the part about the side of beans and how he emphasized that he paid for them. Pretty funny. It was fun to see you guys yesterday and your cute house. Maybe we'll have to come up again on a weekend. Hallie is loving the Barbie furniture. Her Barbie sleeps in her bed right beside her!

Blackham Family said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!. that is way funny about the beans. That is so good that you guys are good a journals i need to be much better at that.

Janell said...

What no new blog! Just Kidding....