Wednesday, January 21, 2009

As many of you know Alan's mom passed away unexpectedly on Monday. It was a shock to everyone. Julie was such a wonderful lady with a very soft heart! She will be missed!

I think for the most part Alan is doing pretty good. Our knowledge of the gospel helps so much in times of tragedy. We know that they are in a happier place and that we will see them again! What a great blessing that is to have in our lives!

It has been a whirlwind this week. It is so crazy to plan a funeral in such little time. It has got both and me Alan thinking of how we need to have those things in order so our family has time to grieve and not have to go straight into planning mode.

Please keep his family in your prayers!

4 comments:

Rostron Family said...

Alan and Katie, we want you to know that we are so sorry for your loss. We too know that there are joyous reunions happening on the other side of the veil and much sorrow for those left behind on this side. However, please know that you are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. Most importantly, please know that we are here for you and will do anything for you!!

Much love,

Jan

Bradleys said...

We are saddened for your loss. That must be very difficult to go through. We're thinking of both of you and your family. Love,
Dustin and Emily

Proctor's said...

Katie,
There isn't anything that I can say to make you feel better, but we will keep you and Alan and his family in our prayers. WE are so sorry!!!
Kerianda

Nicole said...

I was so sad to hear the news. I've sure been thinking a lot about you guys and I hope that Al is doing okay. You guys are in our prayers. We love you!