Just wanted to write a few remarks about the funeral, and how the Lord gives us so much peace in time of sorrow.
For me music really speaks to my heart. Just a few instances while Alan & I were in the car on our way places the day of her funeral.
The Sara Evans song "Born to Fly"
But how do you wait for heaven?
And who has that much time?
And how do you keep your feet on the ground
When you know that you were born,
You were born to fly.
I know this song is about something totally different. The chorus however stuck out to me so much! It actually sounded like when it came on our car radio got louder. This just made me think, if we really really knew how great heaven was we wouldn't want to wait for it either! I know Julie was "born to fly."
Another song came on while the sun shined through the clouds. It was Tim McGraw's I'm Already Home.
Just the line "I'm Already Home". I know that Julie is all ready home, and is very happy!
One last thing, a lady came up and told Alan while he was speaking at the funeral that the sunlight came through the glass stained window and shined on him. She said I think that was your mom and liked your remark about being "short and sweet". Alan said at the beginning of his remarks that his talk wasn't going to be long. It was going to be "short and sweet" just like his mom!
Thanks everyone for all the love and support that you have gave Alan!
No comments:
Post a Comment